I have always had trouble keeping my car organized. With 3 children and plenty of road trips, my car goes from being pretty and empty to having food everywhere and trash galore. After cleaning up the car from head to toe (especially after a really long trip), what do you do after its clean?
My goal this year (and next) is to keep it tidy.
Here are 5 ways to help you keep your car nice, tidy and organized brought to you by Paul Conte Chevrolet.
- Manage your Trash: This has always been a hard one for my boys, especially Noah. The floor seems like the perfect place for trash to go until the floor is covered in unwanted trash. I try to keep a grocery bag in the car (or even the bag from the fast food place) so there is always a place to put our trash. It doesn’t keep the car perfect but it helps.
- Organize your glovebox: I have a hard time doing this. Extra napkins and things get thrown in there so I try to keep it organized so I can find everything I need when the time comes. The best way is to try not to throw extras in there and it works.
- Behind the seat organizer: This is one I’ve been working on implementing but haven’t had enough room with the 3 kids. But we do have an organizer for when we take trips. That way, the kids can reach their own stuff and we don’t have to hand them everything.
- Put together a survival kit: This isn’t your typical bag. This is something you might need just in case you get stuck somewhere and have to wait. Inside would be an extra shirt, some snacks, bottles of water… anything you can think of that you might need if your car breaks down and you have time to kill.
- Emergency kit for the trunk: Some cars come with this but it wouldn’t hurt to buy a kit with flares and other necessities for that just in case situation. I’ve never been stuck in a situation where it is dark and I’m stuck on the side of the road but I can tell you that I’m scared just thinking about it.
What are some other things you’ve made sure to have when keeping your car organized?