We only have a short, little bit of summer left and I’m trying to extend it for the kids. Let’s be honest: I am ready for school to be in session but I don’t want to rush it for them. So this past week, I’ve been working on keeping it fun for them even if we don’t go anywhere.
There are all kinds of fun to be had even if you don’t leave the house.
- Schedule a family game night: This is something we started once Noah was old enough to play some of our favorite games. One of our favorite games to play is Uno. Sometimes, we’ll have a fun dessert with it.
- Movie night with pizza and popcorn: This is one of their favorites, including Olivia. Pizza is something everyone loves (and can be pretty cheap if you make it yourself).
- Hide and seek (inside the house): This isn’t my favorite game because it causes the kids to run around the house. However, it cracks Olivia up so we play often.
- Water balloon fight: One of best things! So, we don’t have a pool but we have a huge backyard. I bought the water balloons as a one-time thing because I didn’t really like the pieces all over. However, the kids LOVE it, especially Olivia. It is a great way to cool down on a hot day.
- Picnic Lunch in the backyard: Who doesn’t like eating outside? I try to include things they love: like a ham or turkey sandwich (or Olivia’s fav peanut butter and jelly) and some of the delicious Danimals. A picnic without having to leave the house is perfect.