This is not a sponsored post. However, some links may be affiliate links.
I love to read.
I read as often as I can and whenever I have spare time. However, with school and children (and of course working), I don’t always have the time to read. Last year I read 34 books which is good for me. I only made it because of not taking any classes this past semester. I haven’t finished a book this year. Granted, it is only the end of January so I have time but I’ve been super busy.
Reading has always been a good way for me to unwind for the day.
While I love mystery, I sometimes like to read romance novels. Yeah, I know. But again, it helps me unwind.
- Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between By Lauren Graham. This book just came out in November of 2017 on the heels of the Gilmore Girls release on Netflix. I LOVE Lauren Graham so I decided to take a look. I love what I’ve read so far and can’t wait to finish it up. It is rated 4.11 (out of 5) on Goodreads.
- Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur by Cara Alwill Leyba. I bought this a while ago with every intention of reading right away. Then life got in the way. It was recommended by my nail tech (who opened her own salon!) so of course, I picked it up. I have to make sure this book is read this year. This book is rated 4.19 on Goodreads.
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero. I bought this one the same time as the book above for the same reason. It is rated 4.07 on Goodreads.
- BossyPants by Tina Fey. I’ve always loved Tina Fey and thought she was hilarious! So I added her book to my must read list when I heard it was coming out. Sadly, it’s been sitting there for a while. One quote: “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.”. This book has a 3.94 rating on Goodreads.
- Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines. This was recommended by a fellow reading friend. When I checked it out on Goodreads, not only does it have a 4,26 rating but 3 of my facebook friends rated it a 5. So I’m kind of excited about it. (yes, this is considered contemporary romance).
Don’t forget to follow me on Goodreads! You can check out what I’m reading, how I’m doing on my reading challenge and what I’ve read in the past. Let me know if you follow me and I’ll follow back! Also, I’ve added an amazon giveaway below! Enter the giveaway tools form below to enter to win a $25 Amazon gift card from me! This is open Worldwide so enter away!