This post is sponsored by Finlandia Cheese. All opinions are my own.
Did you know that June is National Dairy Month? This is the perfect time to have a little bit of fun with the diary in your diet. We often forget to consider that many kinds of butter contain additives (such as growth hormones, preservatives, and dyes) that can be harmful to us and our families. I’m excited to introduce you and your family to Finlandia Cheese.
Finlandia Cheese is a brand that has been crafting some of the highest quality cheese and butter for over a century. Finlandia butter is made from pure, hormone-free milk, which comes from happy cows that live on family-owned farms in Finland—the greenest country on Earth. No hidden chemicals, no factory farms—just pure, creamy goodness. So while introducing my children to Finlandia Cheese, I decided to share one of my favorite recipes I would make as a child because I never was really a fan of grilled cheese with a bowl of soup.. but kind of combining them together made the perfect sandwich.
Pizza Grilled Cheese
- 2 pieces of bread
- A slice (or 2 ) of Finlandia Cheese
- Finlandia Butter
- tomato sauce (or pizza sauce if you’d rather use that)
- Your favorite pizza toppings!
- Use the medium burner setting on the stove with a pan. Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Before placing the bread, top one piece of bread with your tomato sauce. Place bread butter side down (tomato sauce side up) on the pan. Add the cheese and other pizza toppings over the tomato sauce.
- Place the second slice of bread on top, butter-side up.
- Let cook for a minute or 2 letting the cheese melt and flip. Bread will have browned. Allow to cook for another 1 or 2 minutes and remove from pan.
- Let cool for 2 minutes before enjoying.