This is a sponsored post brought to you by Frisch’s Big Boy. All opinions are my own.
Who doesn’t love a fish sandwich?
I’ve been trying to make a delicious fish sandwich that the family will love but struggling to thing about how I wanted the fish cooked or what toppings to put on it. My kids are a little weird about “fishy” fish so we stay away from those.
I did realize that both boys love fried catfish. Making a catfish sandwich was prefect. Everyone can make the sandwich the way they loved it. Especially with the spicy tartar sauce.
Did you know that Frisch’s Big Boy now has a spicy tartar sauce? We topped our sandwich with this spicy tartar sauce and it was perfect! You can find a Frisch’s near you… there are a couple located here in Columbus.
When making this sandwich, add your favorites. We love bacon , so that was a must! Let me know if you add something you love.
Serves 4 servings
- 4 Catfish Fillets
- Cajun Breading
- Vegetable Oil
- Butter or Margarine
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked
- Hoagie Buns
- Coat catfish in cajun breading making sure it is fully covered. Shake off excess.
- Fill a large, heavy skillet half full with vegetable oil.
- Heat to medium high. Once warm, add catfish in single layer and fry until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes, depending on size.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- While fish is cooking, butter each side of the buns and lightly brown on a skillet.
- Smear toasted bread with Frisch's Big Boy Spicy Tartar Sauce.
- Layer tomatoes, spinach, bacon and catfish on bread.
Don’t miss the recipe video below and again, make this recipe your own! You know what you love on your fish sandwich!