This post may contain affiliate links.
I love my crockpot. My goal this year was to try as many recipes for my crock pot as possible. I’ve always loved beef tips with gravy. Tender beef cooked in a gravy is so delicious so I had to find a recipe I could make myself.
I got this recipe from the book Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook: 700 Great Slow Cooker Recipes I adjusted the recipe for our family because we love mushrooms and popped it into the crockpot. I got a late start so I put it on high but the original recipe calls for the crock pot to be on low. The recipe will have both times listed.
Beef tips in Gravy with Rice
- 3 lbs beef roast, cubed
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 10.5 oz can (or 10.75 depending on who made the can) cream of mushroom
- 2-4oz can sliced mushrooms, drained (recipe calls for 1 can.. we like mushrooms
- 3 cups uncooked rice (cooked on its own.. we use a rice cooker)
- Combine all ingredients in your crockpot. The liquids will not cover the beef in the beginning. Don't worry about that.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5 hours. Gravy will thicken when cooling.
- Cook rice once crock pot is finished. Pour Beef Tips and gravy mixture over rice and serve.
Looking for other recipes to go with the Beef Tips? Don’t miss some of these delicious ones on my blog.
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Simply Tequila Cocktail with Prosecco
- Nutella Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Other recipes you may like