If you’ve been with me for a while, you know that a little over a year ago, I had the chance to hang out with a fabulous Kia team. I knew then that the Kia Niro was being released but haven’t had the chance to check it out. And I can’t wait to do that.
The Kia Niro is crossover and a hybrid.
- Did you know that the Kia Niro has a combined horsepower of 139 hp @ 5,700 rpm? But that isn’t the best part.
- The EPA Miles per gallon is fantastic. The city MPG is 51, the highway MPG is 46 and the combined MPG is 49. That is awesome, especially for an SUV. I mean, I wouldn’t be able to find that anywhere.
- The Kia Niro offers Apple Carplay standard in every version. I pretty much dig that. (yes, it has Andriod Auto for all you android fans)
- Push-button start is one of my new favorite things. It comes standard in every version but the FE level.
- Now for the warranty. Because the car is a hybrid, it offers an extra warranty. The basic warranty is 60 months/60,000 miles. The powertrain warranty is 120 months/100,000 miles. The hybrid electrical components is 120 months/100,000 miles.
Oh man, I can’t wait to check this out. I ‘ve been thinking about taking it for a test drive for a while. The MPG is what really gets me. Plus, I’ve seen other drive it and love it so it might be what I need. What do you think?