So, here I am sharing some of our diaper bag essentials. Hopefully, I can help a new mom or a veteran mom who just needs a little bit of help.
Diaper Bag Essentials
- Diapers: Now, this one is a little bit different for me as I cloth diaper and use disposable diapers for back up. We pack both. More as a just in case. I buy my diapers from Family Dollar because I love to save. They carry most brands including Huggies Snug and Dry.
- Wipes: I hope wipes for everything! So I always make sure there are wipes in the diaper bag. Have you ever tried the Huggies One & Done wipes? One and Done is right!
- Extra change of clothes: This is one of the things I tend to forget. It is easy to just pop in a shirt and a pair of pants for that “just in case” incident. Maybe they spilled their full cup of milk all down their dress. It happens you know.
- A Snack: This isn’t just for your child (children), make sure you pack something for you as well. Sometimes you might be out during the time you figured but that doesn’t always happen. I hate to spend the money buying something while we’re out when we can just look in the bag for some applesauce or a fruit snack.
- Changing Pad: Most diaper bags come with one but just in case you turned another bag into your diaper bag (like us), don’t forget the changing pad. I always like to use my own even when there is a spot to change the baby in the bathroom.
- A Wet Bag: Wet bags are my favorite thing ever. Think plastic bag but prettier. I always have one because of the cloth diapers but use it for dirty or wet clothes as well. It works great when going to the pool. Get a large one and you can put all the bathing suits and wet towels inside.