Fall is in the air and this time of year I get into dessert making mode. I love apples and I wanted to share a delicious EASY recipe. To me the best kind of recipes are the simple ones and what is better than making a dessert in your crock pot?
|APPLE CRANBERRY CRISP||
- 3 apples
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (quick cooking)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Place apple slices and cranberries in crock pot.
- Mix remaining ingredients in separate bowl and sprinkle over top of apple and cranberries.
- Place 4 or 5 paper towels over the top of the crockpot, place an object (I use a wooden spoon) across the top of the crockpot and set lid on top.
- This allows the steam to escape.
- Turn crockpot on high and cook for about 2 hours.
Mandie Stevens loves the fall and loves to cook. When she isn’t cooking, homeschooling her girls, or has her nose in a book you will find her @ Taking Time for Mommy – Online Magazine for Moms