Did you know that April is National Car Care Month?
But why was April picked?
April signifies the end of winter. Yes, the beginning of spring technically starts in March but April is the first full month of spring. It tells you it is time to get your car ready for spring driving and summer road trips! National Car Care Month reminds you to take care of any issues that may have occurred or been ignored during winter.
April is the perfect time to get a tune up and check everything else you should be getting done. Wondering what you should get done? Check it out below:
- Check the oil, filters and fluids
- Inspect hoses at each oil change and have them replaced when leaking, brittle, cracked, rusted, swollen or restricted.
- Check the brake system every year and have the brake linings, rotors, and drums inspected at each oil change.
- Check that the battery connections are clean, tight, and corrosion-free.
- Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage, and broken supports or hangers if there is an unusual noise.
- Schedule a tune-up that will help the engine deliver the best balance of power and fuel economy and produce the lowest level of emissions.
- Check the car’s heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
- Test exterior and interior lights and have bulbs that are not working checked immediately.
- Check the pressure of all tires, including the spare, at least once a month.
Now is the perfect time to schedule your car’s check up at your local dealership like Dutchess. I scheduled my oil change the minute I realized that it was National Car Care Month. Yeah, I even forget to take my car in sometimes.
Take care of your car and it will take care of you.