I’ve been taking a look at some of the new updates coming from the 2018 cars that get released around this time. Yes, I’m a little crazy but I like to see what everyone is doing. What updates are coming, what I can expect in anything I plan to buy.
I think I’m really liking the update with the Ford Edge. I took a look at the 2018 Ford Edge Titanium Crossover Ti-VCT V6; Patterson Ford of Bowie has one that you can view. The MSRP (for the one shown) is $39,335 and it won’t disappoint. I’ve listed some highlights below.
Ford Edge Titanium Crossover Ti-VCT V6
- This car offers 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 with a Six-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission. The SelectShift automatic transmission allows you to choose between a conventional automatic-shifting drive mode (“D”) or semi-automatic shifting sport mode (“S”). How fun does that sound?
- SecuriCode Keyless Keypad: The vehicle’s SecuriCode keypad to lock and unlock your doors without having to use a key. You can also program this convenient keypad to recall your preferred seat and mirror settings, as well as set your personalized entry code.
- Ford MyKey Technology: This technology is to help parents encourage teenagers to drive responsibly. Program your key to a restricted driving mode setting that promotes good habits, such as increasing seat belt use, limiting vehicle top speeds and decreasing audio volume. Something that could come in handy if you have a teen getting ready to drive.
- This Edge is equipped with AdvanceTrac with RSC: Ford’s premium electronic stability system that improves vehicle control on all driving surfaces, including snow, ice, gravel, rain-covered roads, and dry pavement.
- I always make sure to check the warranty on the new cars as well: Ford has a 3YR/36,000m bumper to bumper warranty but it also includes a 5YR/60,000m powertrain warranty.
I’m excited to take this on a test drive! Head to your local dealership to check it out yourself.