This is a sponsored post brought to you by Vista Energy. All opinions are my own.
As many of you know, I reside in Ohio. Ohio happens to be a state where you can choose your energy provider. What does that mean for us? Well, that means we’ll still be serviced through AEP Ohio, however, we no longer have to choose to pay their rates. You can choose your own energy provider.
Take Advantage of Energy Choice
You no longer have to take what you can get. Before this happened, you basically just got the bill and paid it. The electric company could raise your rates and drop them whenever they wanted. This, unfortunately, happened all the time. During the time you’d use the most energy, the fee would be its highest. Now, you can choose a fixed rate and be locked in because you can choose whomever you’d like.
Now, you can sign up with energy companies such as Vista Energy to take over your rate. How do you choose?
- Head to www.energychoice.ohio.gov
- Choose either “Compare Electric Offers” or “Compare Natural Gas Offers”
- Hover over “Residential,” “Small Commercial,” or “Large Commercial/Industrial” and select the name of the local utility company for your area
- Manipulate the various menus and filters to present the information you deem most helpful to make the best possible energy decision for your home
- When you find the offer you like most, click the red “Sign Up” link.
October is National Energy Awareness Month
In honor of National Energy Awareness Month, I’m sharing some ways to conserve energy and save money. Check out the infographic below and try some of these today.