Maybe you’ve just upgraded your car and have never connected it to bluetooth before. It has happened to lots of people. Don’t feel discouraged: come here to learn.
New cars these days come with Bluetooth standard on your car. What is Bluetooth? Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short distances from fixed and mobile devices, and building personal area networks. Most people have Bluetooth enabled phones and this technology comes in handy when needing to make a phone call in your car or listening to music through your phone. It makes everything hands free (at least in the phone call sense) and sounds great.
However, if you haven’t had Bluetooth in your car before, you might have a problem connecting to your new Nissan Pathfinder from Fred Martin Nissan. Here is the basic way to connect your phone and car making it easier to talk hands-free.
- Be sure the car is in park: Most cars won’t let you pair anything while driving. Even if you are the passenger, it will not pair: safety reasons of course.
- Verify your phone’s Bluetooth is on and discoverable: Go into your phone’s settings to make sure your Bluetooth is on. Mine is always on (because I have many things I pair it to) but if you’ve never paired your phone before, make sure it is on.
- Get your car ready to pair: This might be as easy as using a voice command to bring up the Bluetooth pairing system or you’ll have to search through the car’s system. I had to search through mine however, it was under the main settings that said “Pair phone”.
- Pair your car to your phone: When you click that “Pair phone”, it makes the car discoverable on your phone. It will also bring up a password if it requires it.
- Verify your phone has accepted the pairing: All the rest of the work will be done on your phone. Enter the password if needed and it will connect. And done! I love the ability to talk hands-free while driving so as not to distract me from driving.
I hope this helps you tons! If it doesn’t make sure to grab your car manual for more information as this is just a basic set up strategy.