Getting ready to sell your car or maybe trade it in for a newer or bigger car? Great! Now you have to think about your car’s resale value. When preparing to sell their cars, most people tend to focus on only two factors—the age of the vehicle and its mileage. But there are other things that can affect your car’s resale value, therefore giving you less money for your car. So, here are some things to think about before heading to Savage Chrysler to pick out your new car or jeep.
- Body Style Changes– The older the car, the more likely it is that the body style will have changed on the car. There is a possibility that you’ve purchased a car that has a body style that people love but that isn’t always the case.
- Cleanliness– Yes, I have kids so my car isn’t the cleanest. However, before I try to sell it, the plan is to clean it as well as possible to help the resale value. People don’t want cars that they have to clean after buying. Also, if you are a smoker, the value on your car will automatically be lower because of the smell.
- Be smart about aftermarket accessories– Not everyone wants a huge sound system in their car so they may not be willing to pay for it. However, something like new floor mats could help the value of your car.
- Supply and Demand– Depending on where you live, your car may not be in demand as it was when you bought it. An SUV will be in demand in a snowy place just like a convertible will be in demand in places it doesn’t get cold at all.
- Seasons– Consider the time of year when selling your vehicle. Convertibles sell better, and for more money, in the summer, and SUVs sell better and at higher prices in the winter. Think about holding off and sell in and around the correct season.