If you own a vehicle, you may be wondering when you’ll have the opportunity to hit the road again, especially if your car has sat stationary on your drive due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
You may also be thinking about alternate ways and decide to sell your car to help you foster green values and ethics.
Selling Your Car Safely In A Global Pandemic
During the Coronavirus pandemic, vehicle sales have been upended, and car sales in a conventional way may never be the same again. Dealers and automakers are changing their business strategies and are now starting to invest in new sales tools online.
What are the Protocols For Selling?
Selling or buying a new car may be much more challenging than normal.
Here are a few steps that you may need to consider when selling a vehicle:
- You will need to take your car sale online, and you should include a virtual introduction of your vehicle. Think about every aspect of the car and convey that in your listing. You will then need to write a description that sells your vehicle, including stating the color and mileage. Finally, select images that make your vehicle stand out from the crowd. Remember, this may be the only shot that you get at engaging a buyer.
- To keep your selling process live longer, you could host virtual showings via FaceTime, Zoom, or Skype.
- Test drives at this time may also be a little problematic, especially as you cannot be in the vehicle with a stranger or allow them to drive off into the sunset while test driving your car. The alternate to this would be to record a test drive and upload this on YouTube to interested buyers.
- Once you have found an interested buyer, you may have to navigate how they will pay for the vehicle.
- Here are a few other considerations you will need to adopt, do not let anyone take your car on a test drive if they feel sick or have Covid symptoms. You should also follow social distancing guidelines and ensure that masks are worn when meeting the buyer face to face.
The other alternative is to sell your vehicle to a dealer direct or check the following link to learn about Sell My Car Direct.
Alternatives To Getting On The Road
If you’ve decided to sell your car, it may now be time to consider looking for a greener or more eco-friendly approach to getting from A to B. Here are a few choices for you to consider and set you on the right path to social freedom, without four wheels to rely upon:
- Light Rail
- Commuter Rail
- Bike Share
- Lyft or Uber Services
- Car Sharing
- Car Hire
- Horse Riding
There are many different ways of living without a car that is healthier for you; help you to reduce climate change, and allow you to care for the planet in a mindful way that makes a difference to everyone.