If you are a car enthusiast and are a fan of Wheel Well, Subaru, BMW, Impreza, Mods and all things cars, you will love this article. We have compiled the top 5 modification trends among the car enthusiast community in 2017.
- Restoring modified cars back to stock. You may ask why anyone would want to do this after so much time, money, and attention to detail was spent on modifying the car in the first place. Believe it or not, some people love to tinker with cars so much that putting the car back to stock sounds like fun. Not to mention that there is a level of exhilaration that one gets when taking an old 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and stripping it down to what it once was when it came off the lot for the first time. Restoring a car can take you back in time and allow you to experience a ride that is decades old.
- Tuning your car. Tuning cars can really enhance the driving experience. While we have been tuning gasoline-fueled cars for years, tuning an electric car has not yet been the trend. In 2017, you can expect to see more electric cars undergoing a tune. Take, for example, the tuning company Brabus that took the Tesla Model S, added 21-inch wheels, a carbon fiber splitter, and reupholstered the interior. This car is quite a looker!
- Tire lettering. A trend that was popular in the late 1980s and early 1990s is now back in 2017. Many companies began to letter their tires for advertising purposes. Now consumers are loving this look and choosing to purchase tires that have the manufacturer’s name on them. Some are even going as far as using a colored pen to color in the letters.
- Cold air intake. If you want to experience a better drive and sound to your car, install a cold air intake. Many do this as they know that the more air their engine receives, the better the car will run. A cold air intake cools off the engine and frees up airflow to your engine. Depending on the make and model of your car, it could cost as little as $150 in a 2015 Honda Civic Si or over $300 in a 2016 Subaru WRX. It of course also depends on the brand and specs that you want included in your intake.
- Install a short shifter. If you drive a sports car, hopefully, you have a manual transmission. Installing a short shifter can add a great deal of performance enhancement to your car. The shifter decreases the distance that your shifter has to travel to get to the next gear. When you decrease the time it takes to go in between gears, your car will feel faster.
These are some of the top trending modifications that people are doing to their cars in 2017. Which do you have on your list to complete this year?