There is nothing quite as nice as a local neighbor who tells you how good your house is looking. When you buy a house, there is a certain level of pride that you want to take in the whole building, inside and out. Curb appeal is what you offer to the world outside the house – and we all indulge in it. Think about the times that you’re walking down a street of beautiful houses. You look at them, admire them, see the window displays and adore what they’ve done with the place. Your home is much the same and you want to have other people walking past the structure feeling like your home is something to aspire to.
Whether you want to sell it or not is another matter. Some people don’t bother with services such as landscaping the front yard or hiring All Clean Pressure Washing to wash the house until they decide to sell it, but that doesn’t mean that curb appeal doesn’t matter. You can still jazz up your home before you sell it and make it look good, but it comes down to the fact that you want your home to look excellent. The best thing that you can do here is to take up our tips below to give your home the curb appeal that it deserves.
- Start with the roof. The top of your home deserves the first lavish attention, and why not? Your roof is protecting your home from the weather and all the debris that occurs as a result. Without the roof, you’ll deal with mold in the attic, dampness in the walls, and a very cold house without the right insulation and protection. It’s an essential piece of the puzzle for the appearance of your home, so spending time fixing it is a must. It may not need more than a good pressure wash to get all of the general muck from the tiles or the gutters, but even a cosmetic facelift can give your roof a totally new look. Speak to an expert to determine whether you need something more extensive than a good clean!
- Move to your fixtures. From the house numbers to the letterbox, your home is represented by the fixtures on the exterior of the home. Even removing the house numbers and replacing them with shiny new ones can make all the difference to your home and the look that your exterior holds. Tarnished numbers and a letterbox that’s rusting aren’t going to inspire much, is it? The new ones in a new font will change the way that your home looks in an instant.
- Pressure wash. It’s not just the exterior of the house that can use a good wash, but the driveway, the decks, the siding, and the roof (as mentioned). The right company can come in and do all of this for you so that you can avoid doing it yourself. It’ll help you to keep your home in great shape for years to come, and if you hire an expert to do it for you, you’re going to benefit from a professional job! The cleaning you can give your house can make it look completely new, so don’t hesitate to get your house washed properly.
- Adding color. The front and the side of the house can be as colorful as you want them to be. Good landscaping can draw attention to the house, but it’s the pops of color in the flowers that you plant that will make the true difference. Shrubs, decorative containers, color-coordinated plants and flowers, and a great border are all excellent ways to add curb appeal in an instant. Your home will draw the eye in a good way, and you can even add hanging baskets if you don’t have much of a front yard.
- Add a little lighting. Something as simple as switching your outdoor sconces to bringing in some uplighters can make a huge difference to the way your home looks on the outside. Don’t have lighting outside if there are no lightbulbs, either, as it just looks unkempt if you do that. Add solar lighting through the front yard and leading up the pathway, as this will make your house look truly welcoming when you do that. Security lights to the side can be concealed, too, so that you don’t feel that these are an eyesore.
- A lick of paint. Shutters and front doors should match to create a linear aesthetic. If you make sure that you give both of these things a good lick of paint, you’re going to freshen them up and make them look beautiful. You don’t have to use colorful paint if you don’t want to; you can use a stain to ensure that the door looks bold and bright, and enhanced, ready for sale! The doors and shutters can really have an impact on the sale of a house, and you want these to look good to impress!
- Landscaping to perfection. If your front yard is well kept, you are going to have people wanting to take the time to look at your house. A lawn that’s lush and healthy is one that people want to see, all you have to remember is to keep mowing and raking, weeding, and more to keep it manageable. Landscapers can beautify the exterior of your home with ease, and there are plenty of ways that you can do that to keep your house looking fresh and clean.
- To the windows! Lastly, the windows need your attention. They are the eyes of the home and they should be taken care of properly. Having the windows cleaned by experts is exactly what you need to ensure that they are bright and clear. Thankfully it doesn’t take much. They let in all of the natural light, too, so you can really expand on how much your home shines simply by having clean windows! Your home should look good – and this is how you do it!