Yes, I am still in love with my crock pot. I love it! No seriously. I’ve been looking for an easier way to cook lasagna without having to boil the noodles and cook everything before COOKING EVERYTHING. You know what I mean? Even when I would use the no boil noodles, I still had a problem setting them up. Anyway, Here is the recipe for my Lasagna. This is the second time I’ve made it and it came out great. I will tell you that as soon as its done, turn the cooker off. I made the mistake of turning it on “warm” and the cheese on top was burned. I wasn’t too happy about it. It still was tasty but not very good looking.
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 8 lasagna noodles broken into thirds
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (or fresh)
- 1 container of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine ground beef and sauce.
- Arrange half the noodles in your crockpot (can be greased or un-greased)
- spread half the meat and sauce mixture over the noodles. top with half the ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. Add some of the Italian seasoning on top.
- repeat the layering process.
- cover and cook on low for 5 hours.