Our theme for this month is Soups. I made the soup below last week and I had to make another batch because my husband and I ate pretty much all of it for dinner. Its very filling and I would suggest having some cornbread with it. See it below? Doesn’t it look awesome? I’m telling you, you will love it and it doesn’t take that long to make.
White Bean -n- Ham Soup
click here to print the recipe
Recipe Type: main
Author: White Bean ‘n’ Ham Soup published in Quick Cooking November/December 2001
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Mash one can of beans; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots and onion in butter.
- Stir in the water, ham, seasonings and whole and mashed beans; cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Discard bay leaf.