I am a sucker for loaded baked potatoes. Buy me a baked potato and I’m happy. Same goes for potato soup. I had a good potato soup recipe that I liked, but it wasn’t “cooking” to me. Everything came from a can (more or less) so I wasn’t using fresh ingredients or spending that much time cooking. It didn’t feel “home-cooked” to me. And you do know how much I love my crock pot right? So perfect for making potato soup. Here’s my new recipe for loaded baked potato soup, make it your own!
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Click here to print recipe
- 8-10 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- large onion, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups of chicken broth (1 QT)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup half and half
- 1.5 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine all but the last 2 ingredients into the crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Mash the potatoes while in the crock pot. It will thicken the soup.
- Stir in the cream and cheese. Then go crazy with your own toppings. Mine is topped with bacon, cheese and sour cream. Use whatever potato topping you love!