Whenever anyone hears “eggplant” they automatically associate it with Eggplant Parmigianna. Well there’s so many recipes that you can do with eggplants. You can even pickle them! My favorite is pickled eggplant with capers, garlic and parsley! YUM! You can roast them, fry them, and so much more! Today, however, I’m going to show you how to make stuffed eggplant. It’s easy and delicious, not to mention it’s gluten free!
Stuffed Eggplant Players: What You’ll Need
- 6 eggplants halved and cored
- 1lb lean ground beef or chuck
- 8 fresh Roma (plum) tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1tbsp EVOO
- 1 16oz Can of Heinz Tomato Sauce or Puree
- 1tsp Oregano
- 1tsp Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Romano Cheese to top
Game Plan: Directions
- Preheat oven to 425
- Brown your beef and drain, add your olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper and herbs
- Cook everything thoroughly, drain and set aside.
- Take your cored eggplants and fill them with the cooked mixture.
- Add the tomato sauce to your eggplants just to cover the top. Add the remaining sauce into the pot.
- Top with Romano cheese and then bake for 30 minutes.
This is definitely a perfect Spring or Summer recipe. It’s not too heavy and it has all fresh ingredients! While the eggplants cook you can make a salad to go with it. Fresh ingredients paired with a lovely salad makes the perfect dinner meal! Add a Moscato wine and it’s heaven!
What have you used eggplant for?
Maria lives in OH with her husband and three rambunctious step-sons. She is a small business owner and a full time blogger at Adventures of the Mommy Homemaker. She started blogging in 2010 and it quickly grew into a lifestyle blog featuring her traditional Italian recipes. She enjoys cooking, and writing, and also educating people on PCOS and Infertility.