I know everyone is totally ready for New Food Friday hosted by Mommy Does, Baubles,Accouterments and Garb, and Me. We decided to move it to next week since we were all super busy the next couple of week. So, if you’d like to join, make sure you stop over at one of our blogs to check out the delicious recipes we’ve cooked up. The theme we have for this month is “Soups”. If you don’t have a recipe for soups, don’t worry, you can still link up!
But to hold you over, here is the recipe I made a couple of weeks ago. We used brown rice and it came out just as good. Sorry for the bad picture quality.. I took it on my ipod. It was totally delicious though and I can’t wait to make it again. I’m sure my husband can’t wait either.
- 4 medium peppers
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 16 oz tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 C. minute rice
- 1/2 can tomatoes (I used the ones with the basil, garlic and oregano)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- 6 TBS. grated cheese
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds. Blanch peppers for 5 mins in boiling water, drain. Rinse with cold water, drain again.
- In a bowl, combing meats, 8 oz tomato sauce, minute rice, tomatoes, Worcestershire, onion, cheese and eggs. Mix well. Stuff pepper with mix. Place the peppers, bottom down, in a baking dish Pour 8 oz. tomato sauce over peppers. Cover with foil. Bake at 350* for 45-60 mins, or until meat is no longer pink. Remove foil, cover with mozzarella cheese, and bake an additional 5 mins or until cheese is melted.
- I used a full pound of each of the meats, a whole can of tomatoes and 1 C. of rice. I made the extra meat into a sort of meatloaf and baked it with the peppers. The girls don’t like peppers, so they just ate the meat mix.