Thanks to Save A Lot for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
I don’t know about you, but I spend a lot of time baking during the holidays. Whether it is cookies, cakes or some other sweet treat, I love to bake and the holidays don’t change that. There are specific recipes that I tend to lean towards and delicious Molasses cookies are one of them.
I love the rich flavors that you can find in these cookies: molasses, ginger, and cinnamon. Not only is this one of my favorite cookies, but my children enjoy them as well. You will not find any extras in my house.
One major tip for your holiday shopping…
Shop at Save A Lot. Shopping at Save A Lot will help you get everything you need to do your holiday baking without spending all your cash. I used the Marcum brand for my spices and picked up some flour, sugar, and baking soda by Ginger Evans at a great price.
With the help of the staff, I was able to find almost everything I needed to make every cookie recipes I planned on making the next couple of weeks. It cut down on the money I spent the multiple trips to the store.
About the Molasses Cookies….
These cookies are perfect if you are low on time because they only take a total of 23 minutes to prep and bake. They come straight out of the oven soft and chewy and stay that way. I have enjoyed them with a cup of coffee.. even dipping them in tastes delicious.
Let me know what you think of the cookies! Share them because others with like them but keep them to yourself if you must. They are perfect for a cookie exchange and will go over well. I can attest to that.
Yields 24-36 cookies
10 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dark Molasses
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl (using your paddle attachment on the mixer), beat the following ingredients until well combined: brown sugar, molasses, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Once combined, add in the flour, baking soda. salt, ground ginger, and cinnamon.
- Make 1 1/2 inch balls of dough and dip them into the granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on a wire rack once removed from the oven.