So you decided you want to buy a new car! Yay!
Buying a car can be so much fun especially if you prepare and know what you want. I know better than to just head to Beck Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram and not know anything including what car I want or what I’d love in it! Here are some tips for what to do before you head to the dealership.
- Prepare for your visit: Did you know you can call to schedule a test drive? If they know you are coming, the dealership can prepare just as much as you can.
- Know what you want to test drive: It is important to know what you want to drive before you head out. Research the type of car and make sure it’s something you’ll like. The trim and options are important as well. If you want a navigation system, make sure it is installed in what you test.
- Get to know your vehicle: You may love the car but you’ll want to make sure you know as much as there is to know about the car before the test drive. What you don’t want to do is to find something about the car that you hate after you have your mind set up.
- Turn off the radio: The quiet can help you make sure you try everything out.
- Bring someone with you: You always need someone else to help you talk through the decision. Friend, spouse, mother or father? It doesn’t matter. What matters is that you have the help.
- Drive like you would any other day: Make sure you do things you would do every other day. See how the car reacts to your personal driving. This will help in your decision.
- Pay attention to the parking and turning radius: This is especially important if you are changing the size of your car. Going from a compact car to an SUV is completely different and you’ll need to know what you’ll have to do in order to get used to driving a bigger car.
- Ask for comparable models: You may think you’ve found your perfect car. But you what if another company makes the same car but better? The dealership can tell you the difference between each to help you compare.