This post may contain affiliate links.
It is December and you are trying to come up with a gift for the last couple of people on your list. These people are also the same people that you have trouble coming up with ideas of what to get them anyway. Well, I have a simple quick and easy idea that might be perfect for some of the ladies on your list. You can definitely make a scented sugar scrub.
Ever used a sugar scrub? They can cost from $10-15 in a specialty store and have all kinds of ingredients that you can’t even pronounce. Well, here is a recipe that won’t break the bank and is all natural.
Scented Sugar Scrub
You can combine this with manicure and pedicure items to make it the perfect gift. Add a candle and some scented bath salts and you can have a great spa night kit. I've made gift baskets for Christmas and included the sugar scrub with other items for the house.
- 1 cup of regular sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Coconut oil
- your favorite scent of an essential oil (I used eucalyptus and peppermint)
- a small container with a lid (I got mine from the $1 spot at Target)
- In a mixing bowl, mix the sugar and coconut oil. The amount of coconut oil you need depends on the consistency you'd like the scrub. Mine ended up being closer to 1/3 cup. It is also easier to mix when slightly melted.
- Use about 6-7 drops of the essential oil in the batch.
- Put into the container and label.
You can combine this with manicure and pedicure items to make it the perfect gift. Add a candle and some scented bath salts and you can have a great spa night kit. I have done that, as well as made gift baskets for Christmas and included the sugar scrub with other items for the house.
What would you include in your basket?